Anonymous asked:

How did "the Superior Court of Justice" (as you put it) because that's what it's called fuck up your sleep schedule?

I have serious problems getting to sleep and staying asleep. So, if I have to get up early for jury duty, so I can drive forty minutes to the courthouse, because there isn't one anywhere near me but I still have to fucking go, and I completely fail to fall asleep early, and just end up lying around in bed for four hours, and then get up the next day on about four hours of sleep, and then start to get ready, and check my phone, and I see that there's an email telling me that the trial's been called off, and then I try to get back to sleep, but now I'm awake, and I have to pee every twenty minutes because that's what my bladder's like, and I spend more hours not falling asleep in bed, and then I have to get up for real, and I spend the whole day tired, and sluggish, and walking into doors, and my brain barely functions by the end of it, and I have to go to bed really early to compensate, but I still can't get to sleep immediately, so I spend the next few days more sleep-deprived than usual, and it's all the fault of the fucking government, then it's a teensy little bit annoying.

This wasn't recent, for anybody who's coming in late. This was when I was trying to finish off Taimanin Kurenai, which made for pretty atrocious timing.

Comments