Anonymous asked:

Why do you think localization companies dont want you on board, because you dont make shit up but try to translate the source material accurately?

I genuinely don't think I'm good enough for it. I’ve heard vague things about what it takes to get a job in that industry. Things like admission tests where you have to be able to identify pop culture references, which I would frankly be in the dark about unless I were able to look them up. I can do the essential job of parsing and rephrasing decently, but I don't think I have enough knowledge to live up to a genuinely professional standard.

Of course, there are a lot of professionals who act as though they've never heard of standards in their lives, but that's a matter of attitude more than it is a matter of comprehension. Those people probably speak Japanese better than I do, but just don't give a shit about their jobs.

Comments