Anonymous asked:

How do you feel about Shiravune deciding to officially translate the OG Taimanin Asagi: https://twitter.com/shiravune/status/1686906278067798018 ?

At this point, it doesn't even surprise me. What does surprise me is that they're producing the original low-resolution version, not the Vinos Player version that Lilith themselves were set on releasing. It looks like it's a new translation compared to that one, but it's still got some of the telltale language from the TABA localization, like "forces of the dark".

Something that pisses me off is that I was planning on updating TA3 (since I was speeding through it originally, and probably overlooked some mistakes), but there's no point if they're going to start localizing the series.

Hojomino asked:

Shiravune just announced their localization of Taimanin Asagi 1, what will this mean for your work?

Anonymous asked:

Seems like lilith are once again working with localization companies to put their stuff on steam. Will this affect any future projects?

I think I may still try to do Alice and Seigi no Henshin, since people really want those two, and there's no guarantee they'll pick up anything that's not part of the big cash cow series. That said, with all the localization that's being done, and people becoming increasingly content with machine translation, I think I'm very close to going the way of fansubs.

Comments

  1. Please never give up. There are still an enormous amount of of VN companies that haven't had anything localized and likely might never get it. Of course, if AI translation starts to become truly competitive with manual translation, I see no reason for you to waste your time but that might still be far off.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment