Anonymous asked:

I swear, Playing Sen no Kiseki and or Fire emblem Engage can be torture, if you play with The JP voice. Their translation is so bad, sometimes a character just say Senpai or Randy-San and in the textbox something completely unrelated is written. Can't these companies ever make readable subtitles that are close to the original script, I don't think it should be that hard for big companies like Nintendo and NIS. I mean Persona 5 pretty much proved my point.

Well, Fire Emblem is fucked anyway. Raaaaaaawwwwrrrrr! That's Dragon for "I don't care about my job."

Comments

  1. Since we are on the topic, in new crossbell arc release, they basically think their audience is idiots and have to explain everything. Like, there would be actual silence in dialogue, but they add lines that explain "why", like for example character is caught red-handed or feels guilty. They threw all subtlety out in a window.
    While in the "Trails of Reverie", like, enormous amounts of mistakes and errors in item/food descriptions, which actually affects gameplay, but they sure had enough time to rename "Sword Maiden" into "Beauty's Blade" (or was it Blade's Beauty? I still can't wrap my head around this one :D).
    Next trails game apparently has pretty mature dialogue and it will be a miracle it will make it intact in our "sensitive" era. So, yeah, that will be "fun" to see.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment