Anonymous asked:

Why don't you translate shorter games more often? Probably less tiring and more content at a time. Also the anons in taimanin general seem noticeably disappointed with your last release and say it was just one guy who asked for it repeatedly in the forum and it held up better games. Doesn't really affect me though since I only watch other people's play-through after hopefully searching if someone previously uploaded a series I was looking for.

I think I would have noticed if there were a major influx of requests from one person. The way the requests list works, I count requests cumulatively, so that games which have a medium level of popularity can work their way up to the top over time, and not just be constantly overshadowed by whatever the flavour of the month is. The problem last time was (a) there's still an outside chance that the guy who was doing Seigi no Henshin Blah Blah Blah isn't dead; and (b) I was advised not to do Taima Seiko Alice yet for the same reason, and nobody countered that advice. I figured that if I'm trying to serve the interests of the public, then there's no point in me just ignoring the feedback they give me and doing whatever I want, and boy am I not going to follow that logic again anytime soon.

As for why Tsuma Netori got picked specifically, there was a huge gap between the two aforementioned games and everything else that's left. So it basically came down to a choice between Tsuma Netori and Ore to Saeko-san to Netorare Mail, and they were surprisingly neck-and-neck: every time one took the lead, the other would then catch up almost immediately. I didn't personally care, because they both looked as boring as each other, so when Tsuma Netori developed a decent lead at the right time, that was all there was to it.

But yeah, shorter games and why not?

There's no real reason, other than they're nowhere near the top of the list. I have actually done shorter titles before, when I did partial patches for those couple of IZM games. That was before I was so reliant on requests, as it was pretty obvious that any Taimanin game would be in high demand. Even Tsuma Netori was technically shorter than average; it's just that I was slowed down for months and months.

Comments

  1. Is it not possible one dedicated mega loser just voted for tsuma Netori repeatedly over a long period of time to falsesly gouge overall interest? Ive seen people do that to get people to translate/draw what they wanted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's possible, but not likely. Apart from the two big ones that are left, it just doesn't take all that many requests for a game to get to the top of the list anymore. Keep in mind, Ore to Saeko-san is still in the running for the exact same reasons.

      Delete

Post a Comment