Anonymous asked:

Could you add gyakushu series and Kuro no Utahime? Or do you not do old VN's?

I'm fine with doing older VNs. However, the older the engine is, the more difficult it might be to patch. For example, I'm somewhat interested in Gyakushuu, but I've heard that Dark Translations tried and failed to make patches for it back in the day, and I don't know if the situation has changed since then. I've personally also encountered issues, messing around with older games. In one case, I tried to unpack a Black Rainbow game, and couldn't even locate the script file.

Comments

  1. They (gyakushuu series) have many new recent updated editions, the latest for each entry being the "renewal edition" in 2021. Does that help with patching? (I'm also interested in the series translation).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea, not having looked into that version either. But if there are still rereleases happening, that might increase the chances of someone like Shiravune picking it up instead.

      Delete
    2. I highly doubt it, they haven't had one english release or translation in 22 years. No gaijin allowed, lol. https://vndb.org/p212

      Delete

Post a Comment