Anonymous asked:

I want to know did you learn proper japanese or just using translator, because now I start playing raw VN and that happen after I learn Japanese.

But thank's man because of you, I start to learn japanese, and maybe someday learn to translate VN like you. Thanks for translate asagi zero that one is my first Eroge.

I had some Japanese knowledge, but I obviously also consulted dictionaries (both J-J and J-E) and did a lot of Google searches when there was unfamiliar vocabulary. Which did happen a lot, given that I'm mostly dealing with fantasy, sci-fi and mythological themes. Unfortunately, I actually don't "speak" Japanese very well anymore, because I haven't had time to exercise any other skill besides reading and rephrasing. Language is very much a use-it-or-lose-it sort of thing, so learn from my example and make sure to keep practicing all the essential skills, even the ones you don't think you'll need.

Comments