Joshua asked:

I was wondering.

Do you like have a commission fee?

I want to translate 【デモムービー】魔法少女フェアリーナイツ or Magical Girl Fairy Knights.

I only have a requests list. I don’t currently do commissions. I believe the industry standard rate for VN work is 1 or 2 cents per character, which would run you a bill of well over a thousand dollars, even for a short game. In fact, I just did an approximate word count on the script for that game, and it came to 430 000 characters. So, if I were to charge even half a cent per character, a game that long would cost $2150. Unless you’re so rich that you can afford to throw money around like that, it wouldn’t be worth it.

I won’t say that game is high on my requests list, but since it looks like I may be juggling VNs with gacha for a while, I have considered picking a number of the shorter titles. It's possible that some of the early-ish Lilith games like that could work their way into contention.

Comments

  1. Dude was probably thinking of offering you a 50 and a coupon for Abby's

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment